He LOVES unsweetened lemon water, plain hot cereal, plain yogurt and fresh cranberries. My mom about passed out in surprise when I gave him a wedge of lemon while we were out for breakfast the other morning. He really enjoyed it though. He was content and quiet, while eating two wedges is any sign at all. ;) It was a perfect finger food to let him just sit and knaw on.
Today's new finger food was plain kidney beans and was a big hit. I've had such a hard time coming up with a variety of finger foods since he really hasn't gotten the whole chewing thing down yet. The main ones are blueberries, cherries, fruit and veggie rice puffs, nutrigrain bars and now beans. Unless I soften it up he gags on cheese (but loves it) and was choking on stuff like toast up until this week when I tried it again. Anything with really dry crumbs that he can accidently breath in he has had trouble with up till now. I was surprised today that he did so well with corn bread. Didn't choke once.
He still hasn't been able to figure out how to tip his sippy cup in order to drink while sitting up, but he's been doing really good learning to drink from a kid sized plastic cup.

When did he get so much hair? My gosh!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like he likes flavor-intense foods! When you said on facebook that he handled the spicy chili better than you did, it made me think of how Silas would eat jalapeno slices straight from the jar as a baby.