Thursday, April 15, 2010

Sharing Mommy and Daddy's Dinner - Two Big Hits



Mahi Mahi:

Up until last week, I have not been able to get Torsten to eat fish. It didn't matter what I mixed the tuna with he spat out the first bite and clamped his mouth shut. I got a killer deal on a 5 pound bag of frozen mahi mahi at costco and cooked it up crusted in a Mccormick asian ginger spice mix. I added a lot of garlic of course along with a little more ginger for extra heat and some turmeric cuz it's oh so healthy. And it was oh so good! The first night I ground up the fish, with some brown rice and a little yogurt and lemon juice(for tartar sauce). He chowed down and begged for more. I cooked it again last night and he ate the fish smooshed in with some green beans and baby cereal. This morning he had leftovers, just chunks of the fish by itself and still enjoyed it. I guess I will have to be making that a permanent item on the costco shopping list cuz my husband Devon and I both enjoyed it too!


Tacos:
For baby approved tacos, I save out a little of the hamburger before putting all the salt and seasoning in. That goes it into my little Kidco grinder along with some lettuce (the mixed bag that has carrots and purple cabbage too) some pico de gallo, cheddar cheese and a little yogurt instead of sour cream. I made sure to pick out any bits of jalapenos and seeds from the pico. He can handle a little heat and flavor but I certainly don't want to burn his mouth or his back end! I can't stand anything with a pepper based spice but so far Torsten seems to like what small tastes he's had of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment