Anyways, Torsten didn't have anything but formula while we were out and was starving and fussy when we got home. While I put groceries away he munched in his booster chair at the bar. He ate Gerber Peach Puffs and Gerber freeze dried strawberries and bananas, about 1/2 cup total. The freeze dried fruit is a new food for him and he loved it! Had no problem with the texture even tho the package technically said "only for kids 12 months old and up". I really prefer walmart organic puffs or the organic ones from target, since those brands are no sugar added, but we went to Winco today and all they had was Gerber. Gave him a handful of shredded Italian mix cheese. Boy was that a mess. I don't think much made it to his mouth. Thank goodness I have pets to clean the floor for me!

I've had a stressed out unproductive week and he has been eating his food pretty much straight out of the jar and unaltered. I wanted to liven things up a little tonight and decided it was time for some eggs! *Keep in mind, doctors currently recommend giving kids his age only the yolk, as the egg whites are a common allergenic. They don't recommend feeding eggs at all until 8 months of age. However I hadn't read this back when he was three months old and I started giving him scrambled eggs off my plate! Oops. He's never had a reaction and so I figure there is no reason to stop giving him whole eggs now.*
So, Today's Dinner:
I think you could call this a baby quiche. I almost never measure so this is approximate
1 egg
1 tablespoon mixed veggies baby food (spinach, peas and beans)
1 tablespoon baby oatmeal
1 teaspoon ground flax seed (loaded with omega fatty acids and all sorts of good stuff!)
1 tablespoon mixed italian cheese
Stirred it all together in a little microwave safe tupperware that was the perfect size. My friend Jasie gave me the set and they've come in so handy!

Zapped the egg mix for about 1 and a 1/2 minutes. I know, I know, the gourmet cook in me is writhing at the thought of microwaved eggs too. But it was easy, quick and I didn't have to dirty a pan for one little egg. It also came out in one solid patty that I just sliced into small squares after cooling and gave him as finger food. After all the puffs and fruit and an ounce of formula, he only ate about half the egg but he enjoyed it. Leftovers for breakfast!
I'm so glad those containers are working for you! We have two sets from when they had blue lids and when I picked up the green lid set for you, I was tempted to grab one for us... but seriously, do we need three sets of the damn things? No.
ReplyDelete